CHECK OUT OUR NEW ALUMNI PAGE TO SEE WHAT OUR ALUMS ARE DOING NOW!
AND VISIT US BEFORE CAMP:
FRIDAYS AT TIN ROOF CANTINA IN ATLANTA: THE ONE, THE ONLY, TOTALLY STUDENT JAM
SECOND SUNDAYS STUDENT SHOW AT SHORTY'S, TUCKER
(check for time slots at the link below)
The CJRBC gang.
Chicago Joe’s Rock ‘n Blues Camp accepts players and singers in middle and high school, with playing and singing skills on a late beginner/intermediate (quick learner) through advanced levels. Remember, this is not a camp for those new to their instrument.
PLAYING EXPERIENCE GUIDELINES:
- Guitar players should know their basic open chords and bar chords and know a little bit about scales and the notes on their fret boards. A knowledge of key relationships is also helpful.
- Bass players should be able to play simple bass patterns in a steady fashion, and know a little about chord relationships.
- Drummers should be able to keep a steady beat for a minimum of three minutes, and know the basic rock and blues patterns.
- Keyboard players should know the basic chords in most keys, and have some knowledge of the relationship between keys.
- Horn players should be able to play all 12 major scales. They will need to have their own instruments, and in good working condition.
- Singers should be able to match pitch. Nerves of steel are helpful.
All campers should bring an eagerness to learn, a willingness to be creative, and a determination to do his or her best.
Rates and Dates
Session dates for 2013 are:
Session 1 June 10 - 14
Session 2 - Overflow as needed June 17 - 21
Session 3 June 24 - 28
Session 4 July 8 - 12
The registration fee for each session is $475, or $800 for two, with each session after that costing $350. Includes five full days of supervised practice and performance, 9:30am to 4:00pm, t-shirt, bumper sticker. Photos, CDs, and DVDs of the Friday night concert will be available for purchase.
Each session will include up to six bands.† Therefore we will accept six drummers, bass players, keyboard players and singers, plus 12 to 16 guitar players per session.† (Some bands may have as many as three guitars.)† Depending upon the make-up of each band, the number of brass players - sax, trombone, trumpet - will vary.
Before registering, please check the information in the window below to find out if there is an open slot for your instrument for the session of your choice.
The registration process is in two parts: filling out the form and payment. The completed form will take you to PayPal where you may pay by credit card. Should you wish to pay by check, you may send it to Chicago Joe's Rock 'n Blues Camp, LLC, c/o Micki Gonzalez, 3087 Belingham Drive NE, Atlanta GA 30345.
You must submit your registration form via this website in order for us to process your check.
Registration will be complete immediately after PayPal payment. Registration payment via check will be complete upon clearing.
Both parts of registration must be completed at the same time. If you do not complete the selection of check or credit card for payment, and in the case of credit card payment complete that transaction, your completed form will be discarded and you must fill it in again.
If you wish to register more than one student, you will have the opportunity to return to this form and fill it out again.
Paying for Multiple Sessions
If you would like to register a camper for two sessions, be sure to select both sessions within the registration form to receive the discount of $800 for two sessions. (Discount is for a single camper to attend two sessions.)